Charles Farran
Forename: Charles
Surname: Farran
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: Panel voltage stabiliser?

Post by Charles Farran »

Hi Donie,
I have just taken another photo kneeling on the garage floor with the car on it's wheels - you can see the stabiliser at the top of the photo.
If you are finding it difficult , due to lack of flexibility (none of us are as young or nimble as we used to be) , then in the absence of a younger friend or family member , then if you had the car raised up on axle stands , with a cushion across the sill , then you should be able to see & reach the stabiliser OK.
(I can't see any point in removing the steering wheel or rev counter). The stabiliser on my car is close to the drive spindle that comes out of the wiper motor location wise).
20220724_115954 M.jpg
(Don't get confused by the two black items at the bottom of my photo as these are replacement indicator & Hazard flasher units for LED bulbs).
1980 Roadster
Charles Farran
Forename: Charles
Surname: Farran
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: Panel voltage stabiliser?

Post by Charles Farran »

Hi Donie,
The earlier photo i sent you was taken 4 years ago before i changed the flasher units for LED indicator bulbs etc.
I took that photo with my mobile phone , with i think me lying on my back looking up at the area behind the dash. (Using a cushion / towelling across the sill for comfort). If the car had been up on axle stands, i could probably taken it much more easily & comfortably kneeling on a pad on the garage floor.
Good luck!
Cheers
Charles
1980 Roadster