First Drive

General MGB discussion
David Ramsbotham
Forename: David
Surname: Ramsbotham

First Drive

Post by David Ramsbotham »

Firstly I need to say a big thank you to all who have responded to my calls for help and advice over the course of this last year, greatly appreciated.
I have had my early rubber bumper car, in Tundra, for almost a year now and practically all that time has been spent on refurbishing the car ( the body/ chassis and engine all in excellent condition, the rest needing tic ). The last event was having a new overdrive fitted and today I got to drive it 40 miles home from the repair garage. What a revelation!
Over half the journey was on the M5, the car ran straight and true and effortlessly cruised at 60mph at about 3000rpm. Admittedly it felt like I was going faster but the whole experience was confidence building from braking to gear changing via steering feel.
Sadly though I now need to pass the car on to a new owner as I realise I have over extended myself on the car front. I expect to keep it tucked up in it’s garage until Spring when I shall advertise it seeking a good home.
In the meantime if anyone knows anyone on the look out for a nice car, perhaps they let me know.
Anyway, thanks again all, cheers, David.