MGB Wheels

General MGB discussion
Peter Cresswell
Forename: Pete
Surname: Cresswell
MGCC Member: Yes

MGB Wheels

Post by Peter Cresswell »

There has been a lot of discussion about wheels recently - and more in the past! If you are thinking about changing wheels to another MGB style the question of which is best or suits the car best often arises. Although this is very much a personal choice, it difficult to envisage what an MGB Roadster or GT would look like with different wheels. To help I have put together 4 pages of montage of cars with different styles of wheels from the early pressed steel (disc) wheels to the alloy wheels fitted to the LE cars.
It is important to remember that to change from disc wheels to wire wheels (and v.v.) necessitates a change of rear axle. Wire wheel cars use a narrower axle than disc wheel cars. This is true for the banjo axle on early cars and the tube axle on later cars.
One other point is that there were no GT LE cars fitted with wire wheels as a factory option. There are no after market wheels here!
So take a look at the pictures - I hope I've captured all options - and remember it is your personal choice!
[attachment=1]Slide1.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Slide2.JPG[/attachment]

NOTE I've now had a message to say only 3 attachments are allowed - so the 3rd and 4th will be in another posting 'MGB Wheels 2'
Attachments
Slide2.JPG
Slide2.JPG (132.65 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (111.91 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
Plus 34 other cars since 1965