MGB Roadster wiring looms

Technical MGB discussion
Steve Brookes
Forename: Steve
Surname: Brookes

MGB Roadster wiring looms

Post by Steve Brookes »

Would anyone know where I could obtain a wiring loom layout diagram for a 1980 MGB Roadster (RB)? Also, if there is anyone in the Stratford-upon-Avon area who might consider finishing off fitting new looms to the car I would be very interested to hear from you! The old wiring looms are out, and someone has started to fit the new ones but, sadly, illness has meant they have had to stop doing the work. I'm pretty desperate! Thanks :-)
Vic Butler
Forename: Vic
Surname: Butler
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: MGB Roadster wiring looms

Post by Vic Butler »

If you get a Repair Operation Manual for your 1980 MG there will be a wiring diagram in it. Much easier to refer to than on line and it will be accurate.
1977 Stage 2 MGB GT
1975 SWB Series 3 Land Rover with a later 2.5 petrol engine
Charles Farran
Forename: Charles
Surname: Farran

Post by Charles Farran »

Whilst I agree with the previous post the wiring diagrams are available on line which are coloured.You can download them & blow them up to make them easier to follow.The late UK market 1978 Haynes or Bentley are pretty good although the North American/US one correctly shows the brake fluid pressure warning switch which is absent from the UK versions. (I have a 1980 roadster & have used them a lot recently when changing all the bullet connectors under the bonnet & replacing the gearbox harness & overdrive switch harness on the gear leaver as well as the excellent MGB electical systems book which you can purchase from MGOC).
Charles
1980 Roadster
Vic Butler
Forename: Vic
Surname: Butler

Post by Vic Butler »

Morning Charles.
Yes, I checked the wiring diagrams and no brake pressure warning switch shown on the UK version. Very odd as my 1977 BGT has the switch. I have drawn it in on the diagram.
1977 Stage 2 MGB GT
1975 SWB Series 3 Land Rover with a later 2.5 petrol engine