Sebring Project

General MGB discussion
Stuart
Forename: Stuart
Surname: Sargeant

Sebring Project

Post by Stuart »

Sebring Project – offered just to forum members

A combination of the loss of use of the storage facility and a complete lack of time, mean that I must move on my Sebring project. Rather than suffer the trauma of Fleabay dreamers, I would rather offer it up here for half of what I’ve invested in the car so far.

This has been based on a totally rust-free non-sunroof British Racing Green BGT, which had a light bump on the nsf wing, so perfect for the job. A 1970 chrome bumper car with V5 - in my name.

Arches fitted are the superior Cambridge Motorsport set, which are just arches and not complete front wings – hence they actually fitted! And they are much better made than the cheaper items out there. The full Sebring kit has been fitted – bonnet, front valance (with mesh grill fitted), rear valance and headlights. A genuine period Monza side filler has been fitted too. A lot of time was spent fitting the arches, which has included properly extending the rear inner arches.

Mechanically, the car is just about on-the-button. Engine was a pretty fresh unit with excellent pressure (hot & cold) and is pretty standard, just ported & very mild cams fitted and an electric fan.
The front suspension has been rebuilt with new polybushes, 25% re valved dampers, new uprated/shorter springs (to go with the new 15” minilights - and new tyres), and a new steering rack.
Interior is standard black leather (with a Motolita steering wheel fitted) and is in fantastic condition.

Work needed to complete:
• Prep & paint bodywork (two pack top coat provided)
• Refit exhaust from manifold back (bracket for side exit exhaust already fitted)
• Ignition switch moved from column to dash and needs rewiring
• Correct shimming of new steering rack
• Oil leak from sump gasket (new one supplied)
• Fitting of new halogen lights & trim after paint (new lights included)

There are plenty of pictures taken of the work done, a lever arch box full of paperwork and I’m including everything I have in the sale.

£3,000
Please pm me if you are interested.
Thanks, Stuart.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (575.85 KiB) Viewed 10137 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (165.35 KiB) Viewed 10137 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (342.96 KiB) Viewed 10137 times