Would anyone know happened to these two B's?

General MGB discussion
Andrew Macdonald
Forename: Andrew
Surname: Macdonald

Would anyone know happened to these two B's?

Post by Andrew Macdonald »

Hi,

A friend of mine has asked for help locating the MGB he took on honeymoon to Ireland in 1969. It was JUO 386E, a Devon registration from 1967. He bought it just before his wedding for £900, at a time when that was twice his annual salary, & sold it in 1971 for the same price!

According to the DVLA the car was last taxed & mot'd in 1983, so we presume it has been scrapped, although the DVLA say they have never been notified of that, but equally it has never been declared as SORN either.

Does anyone know different?

I owned BGT NLC 456K from 1994 to 2001. I modified it for sprints & hillclimbs. When I sold it at a Cheffins auction near Cambridge, it was running a stage 3 1950cc engine, & one of the first Highgear Engineering Ford gearbox conversions. The mot & tax expired in 2008 & 2009 respectively. Has it survived? As I type this I'm looking at a photo montage of it running at Gurston Down, Wiscombe Park & Porlock hillclimbs - the latter was a wonderful event, sadly now defunct. I did the AXA Classic in it one year, finishing at Milbrook Proving Ground, where I had a tyre delaminate as I left the banked speed bowl & returned to the paddock- a near miss!

Again, does anyone know if it survives?

Best wishes,

Andrew