My poor frosted V8 GT

General MGB discussion
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett
MGCC Member: Yes

My poor frosted V8 GT

Post by Bumpa »

My GT can't get in the garage because another MGB is using that space. So it has had to stand out in all the frost. We haven't had any snow here in SW Scotland so what you see on the car is just night after night of below zero temperatures. What struck me was the beautiful ice crystals on things like the boot button. Some of the crystals are an inch long.
Frost 2022B.jpg
Frost 2022A.jpg
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Paul Scott
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott

Re: My poor frosted V8 GT

Post by Paul Scott »

What temps up there?

-5c down here yesterday overnight.

🥶 bbrrrrrr!!
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett

Post by Bumpa »

Much the same here Paul. Minimum last night was -5.3, but then we are in a coastal (west coast) town. Currently (10:00 am) it's -4.5. Roads are covered in salt so my three classics aren't going anywhere.
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Dave Wheatley
Forename: Dave
Surname: Wheatley

Post by Dave Wheatley »

Just the same here at Isle of Whithorn. Difference is my car lives outside all the time andI I use my car every day, so all I can complain about is the pathetic heater and the slightly lower cranking speed. Otherwise the car copes perfectly with the conditions.
1978 MGB GT
1967 Morris Minor convertible
1972 Ford Cortina
2000 Mercedese Benz SLK 230K
No modern!