Wheels wanted - steels for early GT - now found, thank you!

Private Users Only - Not for Business Use
Forum rules
Private Users Only - Not for Business Use
The MGB Register hold the right to delete any posts that they feel are not relevant to the future of the MGB Register.
DickBrowne
Forename: Richard
Surname: Browne

Wheels wanted - steels for early GT - now found, thank you!

Post by DickBrowne »

******* Thanks to another member, I have found the wheels, thank you for looking! *******

I have a lovely 1967 GT, and I’m slowly working my way through a jobs list, which just seems to be growing, rather than doing what To-Do lists should do over time.

My car arrived with a very lovely set of LE wheels, powder coated in grey, and very lovely they are too. But they just aren’t my favourite thing.

When I was looking for a car, I saw a number of cars which had steel wheels, my favourites being the early steels with chrome hubcaps, although Rostyle’s are a very close second.

Ideally I’d like a set in really good condition, good paintwork and, ideally, tyres with a decent amount of life left in them.

If it helps, I’d be happy to do some sort of deal with my LE alloys, which have very good tyres, no cracking and loads of tread depth. They also have good centre caps and the correct wheel nuts - full disclosure, the wheel nuts were painted to match the rims, but where they’ve been taken off and put back on again, the paint is chipping on the nuts, and the original black is showing through.
Last edited by DickBrowne on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DickBrowne

Re: Wheels wanted - steels for early GT

Post by DickBrowne »

Just to add temptation...

These are the wheels in question - you can see that he nuts need a re-paint, but the wheels themselves are in really good condition, as are the tyres:
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.46.01.png
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.33.32.png
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.32.54.png
DickBrowne

Re: Wheels wanted - steels for early GT

Post by DickBrowne »

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.46.27.png
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 14.46.18.png