General MGB discussion
Steven collins
Forename: Steve
Surname: Collins
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

Time of Year

Post by Steven collins »

So, I’m seriously toying with selling my 1966 MGB Roadster along with a host of new and used spares and wondered what you all think is the best time of the year to actually put it up for sale ?
That all said if I do sell I will be looking to purchase a good condition MGTF 160 (sprint or similar spec) in its place.
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett

Re: Time of Year

Post by Bumpa »

Buy now, sell when the weather improves, say April or May. Cars, especially convertibles, sell better when the new owner can envisage driving top down.
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Steven collins

Post by Steven collins »

Was thinking March/April time hopefully the weather would have improved enough and all the salt on the roads should have been long gone, so will place some adverts on here, on the “other” club site and on the web then see what gives.
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett

Post by Bumpa »

If your car is worth more than £10,000 you could try Car and Classic auctions and only pay 6% of the final amount in fees. I sold my roadster last summer through them and it went well, with lots of bids and ending up above my reserve price. Cheaper cars attract increasingly higher seller rates from the auction company. Six percent is the cheapest auction rate in the UK.
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Steven collins

Post by Steven collins »

Will try private sale first if not successful then will go for auction with a reserve price that said I do not envisage having problems selling as it’s a really good example of an MG