General MGB discussion
Vic Butler
Forename: Vic
Surname: Butler
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

Re: Insurance

Post by Vic Butler »

What about agreed valuation and legal cover?
1977 Stage 2 MGB GT
1975 SWB Series 3 Land Rover with a later 2.5 petrol engine
GeoffK
Forename: Geoff
Surname: Kearn

Post by GeoffK »

How does £65 per annum fully comprehensive for a 1973 GT with 3 named drivers and 3000 miles limit sound? RAC breakdown coverage for £28 makes a grand total of £93 per annum which is £7 less than I paid last year with only 2 named drivers. When I tried to add an extra driver mid year they wanted £42, when I added the extra driver at renewal £0??

Valuation was £4000 (what I paid for it). No info on Certificate about legal cover. £50 excess except for windscreen which is £90 up to a maximum cost of £500. 7500 miles annual usage. 3 named drivers. Also made a mistake about the cost- it was £55.88 including tax. Cheers Geoff
Vic Butler
Forename: Vic
Surname: Butler
MGOC Member: Yes

Post by Vic Butler »

My MGB has a Stage 2 conversion. I' m with Peter Best and the premium isn't loaded for the conversion. My Series 3 Land Rover is also with Peter Best and that's slightly dearer than the MG which I have put down to the increasing thefts of Land Rovers. I've spent over £500 on anti theft devices for it. It does have a later engine of 2.5 litres from a later version as opposed to the original 2.25 engine.
1977 Stage 2 MGB GT
1975 SWB Series 3 Land Rover with a later 2.5 petrol engine
Paul Hollingworth
Forename: Paul
Surname: Hollingworth

Post by Paul Hollingworth »

Cherished insurance are a subsidiary of A-Plan and I'm pretty sure my policy is with KGM. Cherished are supposed to give a discount for MG Car Club members. I have both my MGB and MGTF (modern) on the same policy for myself and my wife with them. My premium was a couple of hundred quid which is OK but not a real bargain. I'll see what the renewal comes in at. I'm used to shopping around. I tried Peter James last time but he was expensive.
1971 MGB roadster & 2006 MGTF