Harrington stainless steel bumpers

General MGB discussion
Allan T
Forename: Allan
Surname: Titmuss
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Harrington stainless steel bumpers

Post by Allan T »

My freshly re-shelled MGB is home at last, and the replacement stainless steel bumpers from Harringtons are in my hall, so I should soon have first-hand news about the fit. Meanwhile, this has just been posted in the MGB Fan Club: "I have fitted 3 sets to MGBs and MGCs plus a couple of sets to Triumphs. I’ve been very pleased with the results. And so have my customers."
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

After some very minor fettling - the holes on the new after-market mounting brackets weren't quite right - I got the Harrington stainless steel rear bumpers on the car this afternoon.

They look even better than I'd hoped, and the fit is better than the o/e chrome ones I've been borrowing for a couple of weeks.

Very highly recommended.

Now for the front ones!
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Both Harringtons stainless steel bumpers have been on the car for a few days, and I couldn't be more pleased, or recommend them more highly both for fit and for finish. I'll post pictures of both the chrome set expertly fitted by an experienced MG garage, and the stainless steel set fitted on a work-it-out-as-you-go-along basis by me.

The finish on the stainless set is incomparably better, and in my view the fit is better too.

The only snags I ran into were that the current rear mounting brackets aren't drilled quite right - nothing to do with Harringtons - and needed very minor fettling.

And the bolts supplied by Harringtons could do with being about 10mm longer throughout, so get yourself alternative fixing bolts along with the brackets.

Allan
Attachments
Stainless 5823.jpg
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Here are the borrowed o/e chrome front bumpers fitted to my car temporarily.
Attachments
Chrome 5769.jpg
Chrome 5766.jpg
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Here are the borrowed o/e chrome rear bumpers.
Attachments
Chrome 5773.jpg
Chrome 5774.jpg
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Here are the Harrington stainless steel front bumpers.

Note the excellent fit, even before the outermost clips were fitted - the bolts almost fell into place.
Attachments
Stainless 5827.jpg
Stainless 5825.jpg
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Here are the Harrington stainless steel rear bumpers.

Allan
Attachments
Stainless 5799.jpg
Stainless 5797.jpg
Statler
Forename: Stephen
Surname: McClune

Post by Statler »

They look really good Allan and the benefit of stainless is that you can polish away at them for ever, or until you wear a hole through :-)
Allan T

Post by Allan T »

Even better, being stainless, they shouldn't need too much elbow-grease! - but yes, exactly as you say, there's no plating to wear-through, though the finish is such high-quality, most people seeing them have assumed the stainless steel is chrome plated.

The Harringtons service has been first-class too.

If FedEx hadn't lost them for a day at an airport, they'd have reached me on Friday after despatch that Monday. Even with that delay, delivery took seven days, significantly less than this year's Christmas cards.

Statler wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:08 am They look really good Allan and the benefit of stainless is that you can polish away at them for ever, or until you wear a hole through :-)