General MGB discussion
GeoffK
Forename: Geoff
Surname: Kearn

Post by GeoffK »

Hi. I have just taken possession of an 1973 MGB GT!!!!
It is the 2nd BGT that I have owned the first one also a 1973 vintage which only stayed with me for 6 months as I subsequently got married and the car was nowhere as practical as the Maxi that replaced it. Since then I have always wanted another one and recently my chance came. A neighbour came across the car in someone’s garage and he wanted to get rid of it. The neighbour subsequently bought it for a very cheap price. I saw it on his drive and immediately showed an interest. After resetting the engine tuning for him and bleeding and adjusting the brakes I eventually plucked up courage and made him an offer for it which he accepted. Now it is parked in my carport undercover. All the grandchildren have been out for a spin in it and Grandad is officially ‘Cool’.
I used to work for the Austin, BL, Austin Rover and MG Rover for 27 years 1 month 3 weeks and 5 days having started as an apprentice back in 1967. My original BGT was an ex-Management car and was the only car I have sold at a profit.
Look forwards to ‘chatting’ with you in the future as I am sure that there will be things where I will need some expert advice.
Best regards Geoff
Ian F
Forename: Ian
Surname: F
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Newbie

Post by Ian F »

Welcome Geoff. I have a '72 BGT which I've had since 1978. Wouldn't part with it now?

I was in Brum in the '60's and early '70's, and until recently had in-laws there, near Longbridge. We have all "retired to the country" now, but I have fond memories..........

Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, Clipper Blue, Blue trim and weather gear