Anyone seem my old B ?

General MGB discussion
David Lonsdale

Anyone seem my old B ?

Post by David Lonsdale »

Back in august 1973 I bought a 1967 tartan red MGB roadster ABH185F much against my then partners wishes, managed to keep it for a couple of years before the howls of protest about it only having 2 seats became overwhelming and it had to go, very sad day for me but the clutch was starting to slip and rust was raising its ugly head. Amazingly it's still around, currently taxed and tested, I'd love to see it again and pass on some of its early history and maybe the well thumbed workshop to its current owner. I last saw it in 1975 in Tameside when it was part-exchanged for an Austin All-Agro and it was.... a hateful car.
So if anyone has seen her I'd love to know how she's managed to survive the last 40 years. I'd really like to see her again but I don't think she's on any of the MG registers . I've attached a period photo of her in Liverpool circa 1974, lovely car, always remembered what fun it was to drive, which is why I've had our current B since 2008. :) Note the 1600E parked down the road