French petrol

General MGB discussion
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: French petrol

Post by Bumpa »

Lovely sunny day here in SW Scotland yesterday too. Mrs H and I went in the GTV8 up to an NTS garden on the south side of Glasgow. Lovely afternoon out. By gum, that 200 bhp V8 does bring a smile to my face. A gentle push on the throttle pedal and watch all the elephant-like moderns going backwards in the mirror. Love it!
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Tom Brearley
Forename: Tom
Surname: Brearley

Post by Tom Brearley »

Sounds fun. Not an experience available in the 1800!
1973 MGB GT
Mallard Green / Autumn Leaf
Tom Brearley
Forename: Tom
Surname: Brearley

Post by Tom Brearley »

Pleased to report a successful week in Brittany, so thanks again for the tips.

Despite (because of?) the space under the boot board being tesselated with every spare part imaginable, none of it needed to be used.

Driving on the quieter 'D' roads is a sort of motoring paradise. They're beautifully smooth, fast, and almost empty of traffic. The contrast with UK roads is great, and they're the sort of thing I imagine the MGB was designed for in the early '60s. The D769 south from Morlaix is particularly good, as it winds up a wooded river valley towards Huelgoat, if you ever happen to be going that way.

A lot of good driving done, 500 miles in all.

One thing I didn't do was take enough decent pictures of the B, so here is one of it in a car park in Guemene-sur-Scorff.

IMG_1058 (2).jpg
1973 MGB GT
Mallard Green / Autumn Leaf