Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?

General MGB discussion
iab72bgt
Forename: ian
Surname: mackinnon

Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?

Post by iab72bgt »

After I bought my last MG, I registered the serial number.

Is there anyway I can search this data base or is there a person I can query ?

Thanks, ian
Paul Scott
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?

Post by Paul Scott »

Hi Ian,
It's not a searchable database I'm afraid. When a car is registered with us the Registrar will either issue a new number if the car has not been previously or update the current owner info on the number associated to the car.

Once this has been done you will be notified of the MGB Register number that goes with your car.

The Registrar will notify you directly.

Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
iab72bgt
Forename: ian
Surname: mackinnon

Post by iab72bgt »

Paul,

I own a car that there was a very small volume of them made.. I am curious how many actually survived and are registered.

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Ian.

Paul Scott wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:15 pm Hi Ian,
It's not a searchable database I'm afraid. When a car is registered with us the Registrar will either issue a new number if the car has not been previously or update the current owner info on the number associated to the car.

Once this has been done you will be notified of the MGB Register number that goes with your car.

The Registrar will notify you directly.

Regards
Paul
Paul Scott
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott

Post by Paul Scott »

You sent in an email to us on Saturday regarding the 72BGT LHD NON - NORTH US Spec.

I have passed your enquiry to the Registrar.

I'm not sure how busy Andrew is currently and it depends if we have the information range for your question.

I think that without actual Chassis Numbers we would struggle -The British Motor Museum has all the info of every MGB/GT car produced - we only have info supplied by the owners and not every owner adds or updates car information on the MGB Register. We have just under 20,000 cars on the MGB Register - but you know more than that number were built in total. Andrew will reply as soon as possible I'm sure one way or the other.

Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
AndyC
Forename: Andrew
Surname: Cooper

Post by AndyC »

Hi, I have a thin metal strip attached to the inside of the wing of my MGB GT 1972. It has the serial GBD 05 5895P stamped on it. I have thought this may be the body number but cannot find anything on the net of a similar format. Would anybody be able to enlighten me please?
Andrew Vigor
Surname: Vigor

Post by Andrew Vigor »

Hi Andy, yes that's the body number. I believe that the GBD prefix and P suffix is unique to the MGB GT.
AndyC
Surname: Cooper

Post by AndyC »

Hi Andy, yes that's the body number. I believe that the GBD prefix and P suffix is unique to the MGB GT.

Thanks Andrew for confirming what I thought. I'm now on to the museum at Gaydon trying to find out the chassis number as I can't find this in all the usual places. They have already let me know that they do no have a commission number which I am also missing so I think I will have to make one up with a reasonable guess as I have what is allegedly the starting number for 1972 production.