PREPARATION FOR SPRING RUN - Taking out of storage

Technical MGB discussion
Graham Dix
Forename: Graham
Surname: Dix

PREPARATION FOR SPRING RUN - Taking out of storage

Post by Graham Dix »

With only a few days to go to the MGB Register Spring Run its high time I looked at my sadly neglected LAF717F. She has spent all winter in my garage taking up space needed for other projects. Being trapped in the garage by another car and various ‘stored’ items I have found that I have not driven her half as often as I should so this year I have decided that at least from March to October she will sit on my drive under a suitable outdoor cover, ready for instant use. First job therefore is to buy a quality outdoor cover. I chose an Air Flow cover. Unfortunately when it arrived I had ordered the wrong size. I noted that the company is based in Challow, near Wantage so a trip over seemed a good idea. On suggesting that I collect in person I was greeted with the magic words “I’ll put the kettle on”. The owner is Rob Williams and he owns two MGBs and a MGA Twin Cam, as well as historic agricultural machinery. He fascinating to talk to and welcomes any MG owners over to visit him. I have to say that I am very pleased with my new cover. The car was outside with the cover on without the storm straps attached throughout storm Katie this week and the snug fit ensured that the car was completely dry. There are other excellent covers available from other suppliers but should you wish to contact Rob he can be found at … http://www.airflow-uk.co.uk. Getting the car out of the garage just to be able to put the cover on is another story.
Attachments
Cover on LAF717F
Cover on LAF717F
20160329_083503.jpg (1002.52 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
Rob and Myself at Airflow
Rob and Myself at Airflow
20160317_113225.jpg (804.33 KiB) Viewed 5715 times