Regards

Graham
Gary Plumb
Forename: Gary
Surname: Plumb
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Who is going to MG Live 2015 - 20th 21st June

Post by Gary Plumb »

I'll be there on the Sunday - entering the Concours competition - so if your listening up there, no rain ok :)
Gary Plumb
1967 MGB GT Mk1
Tom Ward
Forename: Tom
Surname: Ward

Post by Tom Ward »

I will be there camping for the whole weekend.

Does anyone now the race schedule or entry lists? The MGCC website says it will be updated shortly but as we are two days away it seems a little close.
Peter Cresswell
Forename: Pete
Surname: Cresswell

Post by Peter Cresswell »

Had a great weekend at MG Live. The MGB was finished on Thursday afternoon and ran perfectly down the 'pretty way' to Silverstone.

Great racing and side shows, and on the MGB front congratulations to Tom Smith on his magnificent wins in both the Equipe GTS races. Also to two racers from the natter I organise (Midland Centre Stone Natter); Richard Homer with his newly acquired Midget in the Lackford race, and Martyn Corfield who was totally dominant in the Iconic 50s race and was well placed in the Healey race with his 100/4.

Although the weather tried its best to spoil the weekend it didn't succeed (it was a bit cold camping on Friday night though!), but the rain on Saturday at around the half way mark during the MG Trophy race produced some heart stopping moments (and changes of underwear) for many!

The celebration of the Comps Department and fabulous line up of ex-works cars allowed me to meet up with and have a chat to some old chums from the Mini Cooper Register who are lucky enough to own an ex-works Cooper S', although I thought the most evocative cars in the line up were probably the works Healey's. Can you imagine driving one of these brutes from Liege to Sofia and back non stop other than a 1 hour break in Sofia? About 3000miles in 84 hours! Pat Moss did this to win outright in 1960. And most of the roads were not metalled then!

A truly great memorable weekend.
Many thanks MGCC
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
Plus 34 other cars since 1965
Graham Wilkins
Forename: Graham
Surname: Wilkins

Post by Graham Wilkins »

A very big thank you to the B Register Team for making MG Live 2015 a very enjoyable and memorable weekend-can't wait for GT50 at Shelseley Walsh.