NFW 890F

General MGB discussion
v8bassman
Forename: David
Surname: Pollard
MGCC Member: Yes

NFW 890F

Post by v8bassman »

Hi All, I'm new to the forum but have been a member of the MGCC since buying my first MGB in 1977. When I bought the car it has a personalised reg number which I transferred to another vehicle and was allocated the age related number shown in the title. I sold the car in 1996 and was under the impression it was exported to Sweden. However, whilst looking through the DVLA MOT history website recently I typed in the reg number and was amazed to discover that it was MOT'd in 2016! The details of the car are the same (1968 MGB, red) so does this mean the car has been re-imported or would the DVLA have allocated this number to another vehicle?
If the car has come back into the UK I would dearly like to contact the new owner and see my old car again. I realise that the new GDPR rules may make this difficult if not impossible but if anyone can help or indeed if the new owner is a forum member, please send me a PM.

Regards,
Dave
Regards, Dave
1972 MGBV8
v8bassman

Re: NFW 890F

Post by v8bassman »

Just a quick bump for this as it's been almost a year since I posted! Can anyone help?
Regards, Dave
1972 MGBV8
Not_Anumber
Forename: Chris
Surname: S

Post by Not_Anumber »

Have you contacted the mgb-register.org site as they seem to have a photo of the car on their site so might know more
1979 MGB GT
2003 MG TF
Bumpa
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett

Post by Bumpa »

Following on from what Chris said, here is a link to that photo which was uploaded to the site on 26 July 2018. Its a good looking car with nice wheels.
https://mgbalbum.mgb-register.org/pictu ... earch/1148
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
Paul Scott
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott

Post by Paul Scott »

I believe the photo in the MGB Register album is an old one. I moved the album from Flikr to our own service July 2018.
You could drop the Registrar an email to see if we have any updated owner details. The car is number 151 on the Register and would have been added when the Register was formed in the 80's.
Unfortunately not every owner adds/updates car ownership information.

StaySafe

Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Andrew Vigor
Forename: Andrew
Surname: Vigor

Post by Andrew Vigor »

Hi Dave, This car is a very early member of the Register - No. 151! It is listed as being in Sweden but we have no further information. We can put a Lost & Found appeal in the Newsletter and Website, let me know if you would like me to do this.

Kind Regards,
Andrew,
MGB Registrar
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Hi All,,
Thanks for the replies. The photo referred to was taken by me outside my house in the early 90's! I had owned the car since 1977 and joined the register not long after it was established hence the low register number of 151. According to the MOT check website the car is currently taxed until June this year.
Andrew, could you put something in the newsletter please?
Regards,
Regards, Dave
1972 MGBV8
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

Just found the MGB register membership card!
Regards, Dave
1972 MGBV8
Andrew Vigor
Forename: Andrew
Surname: Vigor

Post by Andrew Vigor »

Hi Dave, I didn't realise you were the person who originally registered it. I think your details must have been removed when the car went to Sweden. Yes, we'll be pleased to put an appeal in the next Newsletter. (PS the picture of the Card didn't come through)
v8bassman

Post by v8bassman »

[ImageMGB Register Card by David Pollard, on Flickr][/img]
Regards, Dave
1972 MGBV8