1976 MGB GT

General MGB discussion
bluelatic01
Forename: Colin
Surname: Moore

1976 MGB GT

Post by bluelatic01 »

Hi all,

I have a 1976 MGB GT that has been undergoing some renovation / restoration work.

Unfortunately, current circumstances now mean that this work can't be continued.

I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction as to what its value might be in its present condition, and where best to promote it with a view to a sale. (The whole car needs to go, not just the odd part here and there). I understand that virtually the full vehicle parts are available.

Is there a specific website for vehicles like this in this sort of condition. (Nothing really coming up when I search)

I've been persuaded not to scrap it, but it needs to go.
Cheers in advance.
Colin
Attachments
20190320_162134.jpg
20190320_162120.jpg
20190320_161941.jpg
Ian F
Forename: Ian
Surname: F
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: 1976 MGB GT

Post by Ian F »

Try one of the MG clubs (especially MGCC!) as you will find folk there who are comfortable dealing with rebuilding these cars
The club's have printed publications and an on-line presence

Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, Clipper Blue, Blue trim and weather gear
bluelatic01
Forename: Colin
Surname: Moore

Post by bluelatic01 »

Cheers Ian,

I wasn,t sure if they allowed general advertising on their club platform, plus as a non member I am unable to access the site.

I guess I could join (£50) but other than offloading the car I don't have the enthusiasm that warrants membership.

I have taken contact e-mails from the site and will contact them outside of the club web pages and see what happens.

Thanks.
Ian F
Forename: Ian
Surname: F

Post by Ian F »

Colin, non members can put an ad in the MGCC magazine for £20, and this will go on-line as well. I suspect that the MGOC will have something similar.
If you want to advertise for free, you could try the MG Enthusiast website. This is free to join and to place an ad. But you will probably not reach as many people who may be interested.

Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, Clipper Blue, Blue trim and weather gear
Paul Hollingworth
Forename: Paul
Surname: Hollingworth

Post by Paul Hollingworth »

A difficult question regarding the value, here is my personal opinion. Rubber bumper GT's are the least desirable MGB's especially in blaze orange/red. If it was converted to chrome and sprayed a nice colour like tartan red it would be worth about 6k. Trouble is the conversion kit is about 1k and the respray would set you back circa £3k. You can see that doesn't leave much for the purchase of the car. If you were offered £1k, I would take it. An enthusiast could make a nice car of it. You could try and flog it to a dealer but could you be sure they wouldn't break it. Could you not contact a workshop and have them do the car then sell it as finished ?
1971 MGB roadster & 2006 MGTF
Mgbboy
Forename: Tony
Surname: Locke

Post by Mgbboy »

Hi,
Is this car for sale?
Tony
John Watson
Forename: John
Surname: Waton
MGOC Member: Yes

Post by John Watson »

Hi Colin
Where is the car located?
John
John Watson
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto
Paul Hollingworth
Forename: Paul
Surname: Hollingworth

Post by Paul Hollingworth »

You would expect a Latic to be from Oldham but the fact that he says he's blue suggests he is a Manchester City supporter.
1971 MGB roadster & 2006 MGTF