MG Live

General MGB discussion
Ray Masters
Forename: Ray
Surname: Masters
MGCC Member: Yes

MG Live

Post by Ray Masters »

I read on the Triple M forum that the MGCC is likely to loose the use of Silverstone for our usual international meeting this year.
It seems that the owner (BRDC) want to do track maintenance prior to the Grand Prix at the time the Club had booked to hire it.
I understand urgent discussions are taking place .
Ray Masters
Forename: Ray
Surname: Masters

Re: MG Live

Post by Ray Masters »

Slight correction to my earlier posting . It is Silverstone Circuit Ltd not BRDC who are trying to cancel the event.
Please see main site of MG Car Club for details
I should say HAVE cancelled our event.
John Watson
Forename: John
Surname: Waton
MGOC Member: Yes

Post by John Watson »

Kimber House staff are working to find an alternative ideally on the same date. problem is with Rockingham circuit being closed all the other tracks are booked up.
Keep an eye on the MGCC web site for the latest info.
John
John Watson
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto
Paul Hollingworth
Forename: Paul
Surname: Hollingworth

Post by Paul Hollingworth »

First of all the club should seek legal redress for any monies that its out of pocket from Silverstone. I cant see any reason why the resurfacing couldn't have been done before June unless they want a brand spanking new surface for the GP. Perhaps this is a desperate bid to hold onto the GP and the MotoGP.
The easiest way out of this is to re-brand the 2 day race meeting on 20/21 July at Donnington as MG Live. Many of us have thought for a long time that the use of the GP circuit at Silverstone makes the racing boring to watch and deters the tripleM's and Metro's because its too gruelling. Is the National circuit affected by the resurfacing ? It is good enough for the MGCC race meeting at the end of March.
1971 MGB roadster & 2006 MGTF