General MGB discussion
John Watson
Forename: John
Surname: Waton
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes

How to include your user profile

Post by John Watson »

We have a guide to help you add your Location, MG Type and how to add a picture to your profile. This can be found under the Forum section at www.mgb-register.org
John Watson
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto
ROGER COOPER
Forename: ROGER
Surname: COOPER

Re: How to include your user profile

Post by ROGER COOPER »

I guess this must be me again with my inability to deal with websites but I find I am going round in an endless loop trying to find out exactly where to start putting in my location and a photograph. Everything I try to do brings me straight back to the advice to go to the Register website and click on the entry for the Forum.

Step by step guide for the uninitiated would be welcome please.

Roger
Roger Cooper
1974 MGB GT
ROGER COOPER
Forename: ROGER
Surname: COOPER

Re: How to include your user profile

Post by ROGER COOPER »

Due to a misunderstanding I have been accessing the forum from the wrong starting point which is why I kept going round in circles.

Start with the home page MGB REGISTER website and pick up the FORUM on the left hand side list of options (that is what I was NOT doing).

From the forum page which comes up you can access some basic instructions - for those who are clever enough you can have these on one side of the screen while you fill in your details on the other. If however you are a computer simpleton like me it is easier to print the instructions and have them at the side of you while you enter your profile details.

I had problems getting a photo of the car onto the profile even when reduced to 120 pixels each way AND 20 kilobytes. I had to reduce the picture to a file size of just under 20kb before the system would accept.

Hope this may help anyone who is struggling - or am I alone in this?
Roger
Roger Cooper
1974 MGB GT