Peter Cresswell
Forename: Pete
Surname: Cresswell
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Test Picture

Post by Peter Cresswell »

[attachment=0]Cooling off at 2805 metres v2.JPG[/attachment]
This one which is reduced in size to 220KB is ok
but the original at 2.19Mb I am sure fails.
I'll submit the smaller one first, so I don't lose it, and then try posting the 2.19MB version separately.
Attachments
Cooling off at 2805 metres v2.JPG
Cooling off at 2805 metres v2.JPG (220.16 KiB) Viewed 9371 times
Last edited by Peter Cresswell on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
Plus 34 other cars since 1965
Peter Cresswell

and the 2.19MB version:
failed with the error message as earlier.
In both cases they were a single picture.
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
David Shannon
Forename: David
Surname: Shannon
MGOC Member: Yes

Post by David Shannon »

Hi Peter

That is bizarre. I wonder if there is something in the file that's confusing the board. I've sent you a direct message with my email address in it. Would you be able to send me the original files? I'll look into the make of it using the Hex editor in Notepad++ and see if there is anything that stands out.

Many thanks,
David.
--
Ex-1974 MGB Roadster owner & Ex-Lotus Elise S owner.
David Shannon
Forename: David
Surname: Shannon
MGOC Member: Yes

Post by David Shannon »

Posted Peter's picture of a beautiful Mini Cooper.
Attachments
Cooling_2805m.JPG
Cooling_2805m.JPG (678.94 KiB) Viewed 9328 times
--
Ex-1974 MGB Roadster owner & Ex-Lotus Elise S owner.
Peter Cresswell

Hi David,
Thanks for your hard work in looking into the picture problem. Until a full solution is found I would recommend people resize the pictures from cameras to no more than 1MB as this seems to be ok. This can be dome easily by editing in Microsoft Picture Manager which is a standard part of MSOffice. I must say I can detect little difference between the original picture of the Mini (which was 2.16MB) and this version at 679KiB.
Thanks also for liking the picture, which was taken on an Mini Cooper Register tour 'Minis to Monte' in 2010. This was a 'Tour' lasting 8 days in France running over Tour de France Auto stages, Alpine Rally and Monte stages. Each day was around 275 miles long. So I'm always surprised by MG people who don't want to do more than 100 miles in a day!!!!

The picture is on the summit of the Col de la Bonette, at 2602m (just about 9200ft) and this is the highest paved road in Europe. It is not the highest paved pass in Europe, that distinction is held by the Col de l'Iseran at 2770m (9088ft), which we had been over the day before. The reason is, the road misses out the high point of Bonette, and story has it that the local Mayor had a loop specially constructed to get the 'Highest' title over the l'Iseran. But it isn't the highest paved pass! Stelvio is impressive because of the number of hairpins, but it is somewhat lower. Carburettors don't work too well at these altitudes and run very rich in the thin air.
When the picture was taken I became aware of a gurgling sound coming from the Cooper, and the oil was reaching boiling point! In fact on this 'Tour' we climbed the equivalent of 5.5 Everests in 4 days! And a total of 2,800 miles in 10 days from home to home. Three weeks later my ears stopped ringing!!!!
I sold the car in late 2011 just before prices rocketed (good Mk1 Coopers are now worth £15K-20K and Mk1 Cooper S' £25k to £45K) and I bought an MGB Roadster which is still worth around £10K!!!

Thanks for all your efforts,
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
Eric Doxing
Forename: Eric
Surname: Doxing

Post by Eric Doxing »

John Watson wrote: